LiveFight
October 18, 2018, 10:23:40 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilder popped for weed.  (Read 649 times)
ChicagoFightFan

« on: January 13, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »

Apparently he is on two years of probation. Could affect his ability to leave the country. Claims it wasn't his. Don't think it really matters, as I don't think think that weed has any serious effect on athletic performance - negative or positive. 

It is completely ridiculous that some states still treat it this so seriously. Was in Colorado a few weeks ago and people were literally smoking it on the streets.
LiveFight
« on: January 13, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:16:09 PM »

A touch ironic given that he’s just signed to fight Ortiz again and his claimed tough stance on drugs. Although as you say, I doubt that there’s any performance enhancing aspect to weed.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 12:45:38 AM »

A touch ironic given that he’s just signed to fight Ortiz again and his claimed tough stance on drugs. Although as you say, I doubt that there’s any performance enhancing aspect to weed.

My worry is that this ridiculous charge could complicate him leaving the country for a Joshua fight. Or, that some other small thing in the future could violate his probation and cause further problems.

Out of curiosity, how are marijuana charges handled in the UK? In Chicago, we’ve finally decriminalized simple possession. This same offense would be nothing more than a small fine here.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 10:18:35 AM »

Probably just a caution over here if it was a first offence for possession for personal use.
bigbibbs

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:02:48 PM »

It's a plant for Christ's sake a plant.

It grows in the ground so as long as it is natural it's just a plant.
Put it one way if I had to do anything energetic that needed coordination the last thing I would be thinking of doing would be a smoke lol.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:02:48 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: