LiveFight
November 13, 2018, 01:14:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearn signs $1billion deal to televise in America  (Read 643 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:50:44 AM »

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/958194/Eddie-Hearn-signs-USA-deal-Anthony-Joshua-Deontay-Wilder-boxing-news-Perform-Group

The blockbuster deal, dubbed the ‘biggest in boxing history’, could also be a major hint that Anthony Joshua will fight stateside.

Hearn’s promotion company Matchroom Boxing has been gradually tapping into the American market over the last couple of years and now they are set to announce their arrival on a grand stage.

The streaming service DAZN will show 16 fights in the USA and 16 from the UK.

The bouts will be available for a monthly subscription fee but without a long-term contract, similar to BoxNation, which is owned by Frank W*****.
LiveFight
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:50:44 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 09:52:55 AM »

Here is the streaming website, possibly can get this in Uk via VPN service.

https://watch.dazn.com/en-US/sports/
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:45:04 AM »

What do you think about this Red? I saw some of the press conference and I wasn't convinced. It just seemed to be a lot of hyperbole without much meat on the bone. The idea sounds good and the money sounds huge but until some names are signed up I'm not sure. Being realistic some of Hearn's shows over her (non PPV) are piss poor so unsure about how much substance will be on some of the shows
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »

I’ve got to say it looks very good to me. He’s gone all in with this trying to stand out in the market. He’s heavily backed so should be able to put together a pretty impressive international stable over the next 12-18 months.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 12:56:59 PM »

What do you think about this Red? I saw some of the press conference and I wasn't convinced. It just seemed to be a lot of hyperbole without much meat on the bone. The idea sounds good and the money sounds huge but until some names are signed up I'm not sure. Being realistic some of Hearn's shows over her (non PPV) are piss poor so unsure about how much substance will be on some of the shows

I suppose we have to wait and see at the end of the day.

There have been some huge sums thrown at sh*t fights over the years (Dawson vs Tarver, then the rematch etc) which have neither sold tickets nor have attracted a television audience.

It's almost like a tv company has so much money to spend according to their CEO and executive shareholders per year, and if they dont spend it they lose it elsewhere.

American television is weird. They often put stuff on without any merit.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 12:56:59 PM »

bigbibbs

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 05:14:17 PM »

All this means for uk fans is they are going to be paying more ppv events
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: