LiveFight
June 20, 2018, 10:38:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selby vs Warrington May 19th.  (Read 1306 times)
TC

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »

I have been talked in to going on Saturday, although this will only be my 2nd Stadium (unfortunately went to Calzaghe v Manfredo Jr.) as I tend to avoid them.

Do have a feeling Warrington may do it on Saturday, although if Selby turns up how we know he can and can keep Warrington at distance then he should have the better skills.

Anyway just wondering if anyone familiar with the Leeds area closer to Elland Road or on the way could recommend any pubs / bars that are not shitholes?

Cheers

Bit of an awkward one really. The area round Elland Road isn't particularly nice. The Drysalters just round the corner from the ground wasn't too bad last time I went to footy as an away fan.

Best bet is to get a taxi from the city centre, where there are plenty of nice bars.

When there, it depends what you want really. If you like a 'proper' beer, Scarborough Hotel and Brewery Tap near the station are worth a look. My top tip for afternoon beers is Aire Bar. It's usually not too busy, does cracking beer and food, has sport on and overlooks the river, so it's ideal. After the fight, I'd get a cab back to the Northern Quarter. There's a few nice late bars and less knobheads than your obvious city centre boozers.

"Me: We"
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 06:09:16 AM »

Don’t think Warrington has come across to well in the build up to this. Selby telling him nobody outside of Leeds wants him to win and losing fans, I’d imagine is not far from the truth.

Josh is definitely putting too much into this “atmosphere on the night”. When asked anything about the fight that’s all he responds with.

I for one would love Selby to win and maybe stop him.

Team Groves
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 08:11:39 AM »

Bit of an awkward one really. The area round Elland Road isn't particularly nice. The Drysalters just round the corner from the ground wasn't too bad last time I went to footy as an away fan.

Best bet is to get a taxi from the city centre, where there are plenty of nice bars.

When there, it depends what you want really. If you like a 'proper' beer, Scarborough Hotel and Brewery Tap near the station are worth a look. My top tip for afternoon beers is Aire Bar. It's usually not too busy, does cracking beer and food, has sport on and overlooks the river, so it's ideal. After the fight, I'd get a cab back to the Northern Quarter. There's a few nice late bars and less knobheads than your obvious city centre boozers.

Thanks for that mate, much appreciated.

Will have a look at Aire Bar on the Saturday I think, looks good online. Just want somewhere not to mad busy to watch FA Cup Final and then probably make tracks over to the ground not long after that finishes up.

Undercard doesn’t fill me with much excitement.

Think I definitely want Selby to win now with Warrington’s irritating behaviour in the build up and never a fan of the Leeds lot (still asking myself why i am going now!).
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 12:58:58 PM »

Cracking weather for an all-day piss up and crowd brawl !

Grin
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »

Just want somewhere not to mad busy to watch FA Cup Final and then probably make tracks over to the ground not long after that finishes up.

Your best bet for somewhere quiet for the footy is a hotel bar mate. Try The Lock on the ground floor of the Doubletree Hilton. Beer isn't overly cheap but not normally that busy and usually has the footy on. There's some other alright bars a few yards away too (Archies, The Hop etc) and it's on the canal so it's great outside on a nice day.

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »

G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »

Warrington is normally an alright kid but he's clearly got caught up in the shenanigans of his scummy faithful and has reverted to acting like a total sausage.

Looked like he was punching underwater in the open workout.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: