LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:09:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GGG v Canelo 2 **SPOILER ALERT**  (Read 5837 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 09:49:58 AM »

Looks like Spike O'Sullivan is going to get the 5th May gig now Canelo has withdrawn.  Not much to get excited about but at least it will keep GGG active. 

Glad to see that the NSAC weren't willing to just give Canelo a free pass like the WBC and WBA were.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 09:49:58 AM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 01:02:23 PM »

Glad it's been cancelled, it should have been scrapped immediately though and Canelo suspended until thoroughly investigated into what's going on with him. Fanciful I know as boxing is dirty enough to not work like that. Glad the right thing to do has prevailed here though.
cowboy55
the court jester supreme
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »

I guess not instead ot "eating his meat" he'll be "beating his meat" what a friggen dickhead

god bless ya Larry Costa-running laps in that track in the sky&remember all the little dudes-they're what it's all about mateys
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 02:42:50 PM »

Is there a chance that Billy Joe will get the shot?

I'd like to see that!

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 02:57:25 PM »

Is there a chance that Billy Joe will get the shot?

I'd like to see that!

He's already come out and said that 5th May would be too soon for him.  Although I imagine that the promoters would want more time to build it up anyway given that the fight would produce an undisputed middleweight champion.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 02:57:25 PM »

essemk
V.I.P

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 07:35:38 PM »

So,twelve of us booked and paid for flights and hotel for cinco de mayo . first canelo gets drugged up and gets the fight cancelled, then ggg says hes still gonna fight someone and books grand garden arena  still no opponent and now the news that the venue could be swithched to carson in california. 

Bloo#dy marvellous.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 03:26:32 PM »

GGG now confirmed to fight Martirosyan at the StubHub.  Poor fight given that he's never fought at 160 and lost to Lara last time out and the indication seemed to be that the IBF would strip GGG if this was made.  Good work Canelo.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 06:53:42 PM »

So,twelve of us booked and paid for flights and hotel for cinco de mayo . first canelo gets drugged up and gets the fight cancelled, then ggg says hes still gonna fight someone and books grand garden arena  still no opponent and now the news that the venue could be swithched to carson in california. 

Bloo#dy marvellous.

Gutting that, but California is a nice drive if you’re free that day.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 09:56:56 AM »

The fight is now back on for 15th September after Oscar spent most of yesterday throwing his toys out of the plan.  Ridiculous that people were accusing GGG of ducking Canelo even though he'd signed for the rematch once only for Alvarez to be busted for PED's. 
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 12:14:25 PM »

The fight is now back on for 15th September after Oscar spent most of yesterday throwing his toys out of the plan.  Ridiculous that people were accusing GGG of ducking Canelo even though he'd signed for the rematch once only for Alvarez to be busted for PED's. 
They said Saunders v GGG was going to happen 25 August if this didn't happen. Looks like Billy Joe has missed out. Don't see where he goes next as can't see a Danny Jacobs fight getting made as he is with Hearn
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 04:22:40 PM »

A bit of a sore one for some but are folk going over for this one?I a. Just hoping and praying about tickets
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 10:10:37 AM »

Canelo looking pretty raging at the weigh-in with GGG totally unphased by it. Hopefully GGG does the business and it isn’t left in the hands of the judges. Canelo is a bigger diva now than he was in the Canelo-weight years.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 04:09:35 PM »

Really am rooting for Golovkin tonight. Canelo's record is fantastic considering his age but the Mexican meat thing leaves a very sour taste in the mouth, and the way he has gone on the attack with team GGG in the build up makes it even harder to want to see this guy succeed.

That being said, it's a very tough one to call again. Canelo hit GGG clean with some bombs in the first fight (same visa versa of course), it seems hard to imagine that GGG can continue to just walk through those shots again with no regard for the power that Canelo has. Even the best chins rack eventually if they're hit hard and often enough.

If it goes to the cards then it's probably Canelo's fight so GGG might have to up his intensity from the first fight to try and get Canelo out of there, I don't think he wants to be leaving this one to the judges.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 04:19:05 AM »

The fix was in there. Some rounds were close but I felt GGG won most convincingly enough to be the clear winner.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 07:05:53 AM »

The fix was in there. Some rounds were close but I felt GGG won most convincingly enough to be the clear winner.

Disagree...Canelo consistently backed the guy up for the first 8 rounds, killed him to the body, then GGG came back strong in the end...close fight that could have went either way...no controversy here
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: