LiveFight
April 27, 2018, 02:51:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilder vs Ortiz full fight [VIDEO]  (Read 868 times)
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 04:18:11 AM »

For the Las Vegas millions. If a heavyweight unification was such a big fight on its own AJ v Parker would be in Vegas. AJ is a big name over here but how big is he actually in America.? He's not on a major ppv over there. The wilder fight would make him a massive star over there (ala Manny) if he wins. That opens up 2 fights a year in Vegas and the mega money

Spot on.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 04:18:11 AM »

ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 04:22:04 AM »

Joshua doesn't need Vegas to make mega money, he's already earning big over here and his fights are on already on American TV. Its another market they could look to target, but a win over Wilder doesn't transcend Joshua because Wilder's profile isn't that great. Cracking America isn't the be all and end all for fighters anymore.

Wilder needs Joshua far more then Joshua needs him.....Joshua earns mega now, Wilder's current purses are leagues below. Wilder is not worth 50/50 or close to it at this point. It won't happen for anything like that and if Wilder insists on 50/50 I can't see it happening anytime soon.

If Wilder was the only opponent really out there for Joshua then he'd have a better bargaining stance, but he's not. Joshua has several options and a Fury fight for example is worth more money. Wilder's WBC strap is certainly his ticket to an AJ payday, but he can't take the p*ss.

If he gets through his next fight ... there isnít exactly a revolving door of interesting opponents. Possibly Fury and then it is Wilder or no one ... He is popular in the UK but the public will lose their level of interest if he doesnít take on the best possible opponents
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 09:41:23 AM »

If he gets through his next fight ... there isnít exactly a revolving door of interesting opponents. Possibly Fury and then it is Wilder or no one ... He is popular in the UK but the public will lose their level of interest if he doesnít take on the best possible opponents

I think you've massively, massively underestimated how popular Joshua is with the casuals.  He did north of 70k tickets for Pulev and there was barely even a murmur of discontent when he was replaced with Takam.  There's still Pulev, Povetkin, Miller, the winner of Whyte v Browne all viable in the near future and then the likes of Dubois or Gorman, Hughie Fury and Joyce down the line.  AJ could fight me at the o2 after Parker and draw a bigger gate than Wilder did against Ortiz.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: