LiveFight
April 27, 2018, 02:54:38 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linares v Lomachenko  (Read 565 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: March 13, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »

Sounds as if it's soon to be confirmed that they will fight at MSG on 12th May.  Hopefully it will live up to the expectation as they are two of the best offensive fighters in the sport. 

Amazing really that Loma could become a 3 weight world champion in the space of 12 pro fights whilst actually having defended the titles he's held along the way.

LiveFight
« on: March 13, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:38:00 PM »

Well this fight should definitely deliver a lot more than Loma-Rigo did. Phenomenal skills possessed by both fighters and both will definitely bring it to each other. Can't wait for it.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 11:50:05 AM »

Well this fight should definitely deliver a lot more than Loma-Rigo did. Phenomenal skills possessed by both fighters and both will definitely bring it to each other. Can't wait for it.

Agreed, it's a nice match-up indeed.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 02:57:13 PM »

Team Lomachenko

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
wbamitch

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 12:51:56 PM »

Agree with the above, two of the most delightful fighters to watch. What a May we have and this might just be the best fight, really like both guys, I favour Lomachenko but feel if Linares was to pull it off that the win might be discredited as a step too far in weight for Lomachenko.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 12:51:56 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 01:00:02 PM »

I’d go with Linares for this. They’re both supremely talented, Loma even more so, but Linares is a proper lightweight. Solid, strong, fast and I think that’ll just be the difference.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 08:19:54 PM »

I’d go with Linares for this. They’re both supremely talented, Loma even more so, but Linares is a proper lightweight. Solid, strong, fast and I think that’ll just be the difference.

Can see where you're coming from but with Linares he can switch off and have dips in fights. The Campbell fight is a good example of that, and though I haven't seen it, the Gesta fight was also less than impressive from what I gather.

I haven't seen such dips in concentration from Lomachenko so far so although there is a ridiculous level of skill involved, Lomachenko has arguably demonstrated a greater level of consistency during his fights. Granted Linares has been around a lot longer as a pro so has probably developed a greater sense of how to raise his level when it matters. Linares will surely test Lomachenko in ways he hasn't seen before as a pro so it will be fascinating to see how Lomachenko approaches the fight. 
bigbibbs

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 07:27:01 PM »

Who gets this fight then? Sky have been showing linares and bn have had lomochenko
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: