LiveFight
May 23, 2018, 04:18:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linares vs Loma  (Read 489 times)
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: May 05, 2018, 02:58:26 PM »

Only a week away now, how do people see it going? Id hate to see Linares be totally destroyed but youd not rule it out as good as he is purely on the fact hes facing someone very special.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« on: May 05, 2018, 02:58:26 PM »

bigbibbs

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:29:44 AM »

It's going to take someone bigger and better to beat lomo.
I think it's going to come a long way down the road but not yet
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 11:16:01 AM »

Linares is strong at the weight as well as being very fast and accurate.  Whilst he's a great offensive fight, he seems to be prone to switching off and letting opponents get a foothold in fights.  I can see Loma starting off cautiously as he won't want to get caught early but I think one he starts finding openings its going to become a difficult fight for Linares.  I enjoy watching both but it's hard to see past Loma coming away with the win.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 04:52:43 PM »

Loma in the 2nd half via stoppage for me, maybe on cuts
wbamitch

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 12:56:35 AM »

Been anticipating this fight, I think Linares takes him to points, surely he gets some rounds but you just have that feeling Lomachenko does something extra special. I really like Linares and it would be fantastic if he does well tonight but at the same time you want to see how far this great in Lomachenko can take it.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 12:56:35 AM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 02:15:34 AM »

Fantastic fight, both of them sensational in spells, Lomachenko probably had more of them but Linares produced some phenomenal stuff at times. His combinations remain a thing of beauty even against this unique opponent.

This was what we should have had from Loma-Rigo, just the highest quality from both men for the duration of the fight and a definitive ending. I didn't even see the body shot that ended it but on the replays it was some shot.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 02:18:31 AM »

Apparently the scores at the time of the stoppage were Loma by 2, Linares by 2 and dead even on the 3 scorecards.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 06:38:45 AM »

Does anyone have a link for a replay?
bigbibbs

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 07:19:17 AM »

https://youtu.be/Fe_E7OjEFUQ
bigbibbs

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 07:22:07 AM »

I pay for boxnation but because it meant staying up all night and ruining my day I came to watch it in the app in the morning.
Guess what boxnation is shit and the app didn't have it on so I had to watch it for free on YouTube.
So may as well cancel my subscription and just watch on YouTube. Come on tech guys get your shit sorted.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 10:37:32 AM »

Nice one thanks mate
wbamitch

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 04:18:02 PM »

Gem of a fight, highlight of the year for me. Good start by Linares then Lomachenko took over and started to look special, it looked like he was taking the fight away from Linares. Then the shock of the knockdown, I had Lomachenko winning that round so did only score it 10-9, but that was a moment. Linares produced some terrific stuff, at times it looked like it really started to hit him what he was facing but of course he had the knockdown and some of his typical blistering combinations, definitely showed his quality.

There was great stuff from both fighters throughout that got a reaction out of me, probably none more so than Lomachenko being knocked down that I really didn't see coming, especially after he was having a strong spell. Like Gaz I didn't see the knockout blow, Lomachenko was teeing off on him just before that and I did worry for Linares but did not anticipate that one blow would seal it. Fitting to the man the shot was delivered at such expert level, looking at the replay where I had chance to actually see it, Linares seemed pretty well tucked up (despite taking a few snapping shots to the head) but Lomachenko placed it perfectly round the elbow.

It was devastating, I wondered about Linares reaction watching live but after watching the replay that shot looked like it took everything from him. 

I may talk about future options and perhaps Lomachenko's limits another time but for now I'm just going to appreciate a great fight and another special performance.

LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: