LiveFight
September 21, 2018, 10:21:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dillian Whyte vs Joseph Parker... PPV  (Read 1575 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: June 07, 2018, 11:53:38 AM »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/dillian-whyte-face-joseph-parker-12660327

Dillian Whyte will face Joseph Parker at The O2 on July 28 - but boxing fans are furious after Sky Sports confirmed the bout would be PPV.

The Body Snatcher will take on the New Zealander, who lost to Anthony Joshua last time out, in London as both men bid to force themselves into world title contention.

Both fighters have a sole defeat on their resumes, both to AJ, and Whyte has promised fireworks when the pair meet next month.

"There's going to be blood, pain and a knockout. I'm bang up for this," Whyte told Sky Sports.

"He's a good fighter but he didn't show much courage against Joshua, hopefully he'll be a bit more adventurous and come to have a fight against me.

"I like challenges and I rise to them, this is a big fight and I'll be training very hard as always. There's a massive incentive there to try and stop him.

"We're back at The O2, it's always a great atmosphere inside the arena and I'll be looking to get a similar result to my last fight there."

Parker pointed to the fact he took Joshua 12 rounds - the only man to do so - as the reason he will come out on top.

"We've both been in with AJ. One of us ended the fight on our feet, the other didn't. That pretty much speaks for itself," he said.

"I like challenges and I rise to them, this is a big fight and I'll be training very hard as always. There's a massive incentive there to try and stop him.

"We're back at The O2, it's always a great atmosphere inside the arena and I'll be looking to get a similar result to my last fight there."

Parker pointed to the fact he took Joshua 12 rounds - the only man to do so - as the reason he will come out on top.

"We've both been in with AJ. One of us ended the fight on our feet, the other didn't. That pretty much speaks for itself," he said.

LiveFight
« on: June 07, 2018, 11:53:38 AM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 07:12:43 PM »

Good fight and quite intriguing. I fancy Parker to win but some of that is probably due to my dislike for whyte. This being ppv is shocking though. Who have either ever beaten to warrant ppv
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 08:12:17 AM »

Good fight and quite intriguing. I fancy Parker to win but some of that is probably due to my dislike for whyte. This being ppv is shocking though. Who have either ever beaten to warrant ppv

They donít need to have beaten anyone, itís Hearn remember.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 09:08:33 AM »

I'm surprised that the phrase 'stacked undercard' wasn't rolled out.

In fairness to Whyte though, that last sentence from Parker is pretty embarrassing.  At least Whyte tried to make a fight of it against AJ whereas Parker was essentially content to relinquish his title for the sake of making it through the 12 rounds.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »

I'm surprised that the phrase 'stacked undercard' wasn't rolled out.

In fairness to Whyte though, that last sentence from Parker is pretty embarrassing.  At least Whyte tried to make a fight of it against AJ whereas Parker was essentially content to relinquish his title for the sake of making it through the 12 rounds.
I'm not convinced by that. Everytime Parker tried to get up close the ref seemed to intervene

Its been reported that Kell Brook is on the undercard. Given there is approx. 6 weeks notice it isn't going to be a meaningful fight I wouldn't have thought
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 03:14:42 PM »

I like this fight a lot I suspect Whyte will go for it and take risks to try and stop Parker and Parker needs a big performance. I can only see Whyte winning this by stoppage in another impressive performance. I would suspect he will be in line for the rematch against AJ. The rumour is AJ will fight Povetkin next which is a shite fight and one which AJ should win inside six rounds.

Slightly off topic watched the Fury weigh in today his body is a mess he should win fairly comfortably but he needs to work on his diet and conditioning.

A Slice of Life
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 07:44:04 AM »

I like this fight a lot I suspect Whyte will go for it and take risks to try and stop Parker and Parker needs a big performance. I can only see Whyte winning this by stoppage in another impressive performance. I would suspect he will be in line for the rematch against AJ. The rumour is AJ will fight Povetkin next which is a shite fight and one which AJ should win inside six rounds.

Slightly off topic watched the Fury weigh in today his body is a mess he should win fairly comfortably but he needs to work on his diet and conditioning.

Heís lost 7 stone in about 9 months. Iíd say his diet and conditioning has been pretty good.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »

Kell Brook v Brandon Cook - his resume is like a who's who of boxing
with Katie Taylor & Connor Benn on the under card
Thumbs down from me for buying it still
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 03:03:33 PM »

Kell Brook v Brandon Cook - his resume is like a who's who of boxing
with Katie Taylor & Connor Benn on the under card
Thumbs down from me for buying it still

Not looking very exciting is it?

A bunch of tune-ups basically, topped by two losers facing-off.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 11:20:11 AM »

If Brook was fighting someone decent where there was a chance he may lose I may consider buying as I am quite interested in the main event. But paying for basically Whyte v Parker on its own - don't think so
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 09:20:07 AM »

Takam v Chisora should be a decent scrap on the undercard. Still not convinmced it is worth £20 but another fight I would like to watch (depending which Del Boy turns up)
Goldenboy87
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 09:45:46 AM »

Takam v Chisora should be a decent scrap on the undercard. Still not convinmced it is worth £20 but another fight I would like to watch (depending which Del Boy turns up)

Agreed, still not worth paying for, but as usual if Chisora turns up then will likely be a cracking fight that with Takam. Although saying that when he does show up and put in a good performance he normally gets done over by the judges (Whyte and Helenius spring to mind!)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »

still not convinced by whyte, while he looked good against lucas (which i did not expect) i dont think that victory does him any favours. he talks well but still seems a bit of a plodder with no real ambition, knocking over lucas in brutal fashion like that probably makes him more comfortable with his conditioning/training regime. lets be honest, browne shouldnt have been in the ring that night, esp after man of the people laid bare just what state he was in physically and mentally going into it. 
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 09:21:52 PM »

what a bloody great fight chisora v takam brilliant
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 07:22:32 PM »

Was a great card top to bottom. Canít help but like Chisora was screaming at the tv at the first knock down. Hopefully he gets a big fight next, he deserves it after that.

Whyte and Parker was a decent scrap but I think it highlighted each fighters weaknesses more than anything else. Whyte was there for the taking in the last 3 rounds but Parker has no engine and no killer instinct. Whyte got away with one there.

LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: