LiveFight
June 20, 2018, 10:44:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The return of Tyson Fury - did you watch ?  (Read 272 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: June 11, 2018, 02:44:56 PM »

I watched second half of Flanagan fight and the main event.  Feel for Terry but it would seem to be unanimous that the visitor edged it.

With regards the main event - what a circus it was.  The opponent was a joker, and Fury's clowning around underlined what a farce it all was.

Considering Fury is only 29, he looked in very bad shape. His voice is completely busted too.

It takes more than talent to succeed -it takes hard graft, diet, rest, nutrition and dedication - and whilst I think Fury has bags more boxing ability, victory is no longer assured against Anthony Joshua nowadays. Nor perhaps even Deontay Wilder.

He might slip and move well, but he could go gun-shy. If he is not trying to win, he could lose rounds.

LiveFight
« on: June 11, 2018, 02:44:56 PM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 03:58:36 PM »

I watched second half of Flanagan fight and the main event.  Feel for Terry but it would seem to be unanimous that the visitor edged it.

With regards the main event - what a circus it was.  The opponent was a joker, and Fury's clowning around underlined what a farce it all was.

Considering Fury is only 29, he looked in very bad shape. His voice is completely busted too.

It takes more than talent to succeed -it takes hard graft, diet, rest, nutrition and dedication - and whilst I think Fury has bags more boxing ability, victory is no longer assured against Anthony Joshua nowadays. Nor perhaps even Deontay Wilder.

He might slip and move well, but he could go gun-shy. If he is not trying to win, he could lose rounds.

It was a complete joke in all honesty - the exact same thing Haye did for his comebacks. I think this was an easy sell ticket wise so got a gimme for it. I would imagine the next fight at Windsor Park to be better but not a top contender. I would expect a couple of fights next with some name "value" (i.e. someone who has been beaten at world level but people have heard of) before the end of the year
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 10:38:13 AM »

It was a mickey take that this was only shown on BT and not BN.  My BN subscription stopped last month as my my old debit card expired and the payment system they use doesn't seem to operate as a direct debit for some reason.  I've not bothered to sign back up given that I'm not sure what BN will actually be showing in the future.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 05:07:13 PM »

I said this on the other thread his body is done. He might have done well to have lost 7 stone but the damage has been done. I would expect Joshua and Wilder to walk through him. He looked physically weak in the ring and showed very little skills. When he was asked about Tony Bellew he declined the fight on Saturday nights performance Bellew stops him. I'll stick my neck out and say the Fury comeback goes the same way as the Haye come back when he steps up his opposition.

A Slice of Life
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 08:26:19 AM »

I said this on the other thread his body is done. He might have done well to have lost 7 stone but the damage has been done. I would expect Joshua and Wilder to walk through him. He looked physically weak in the ring and showed very little skills. When he was asked about Tony Bellew he declined the fight on Saturday nights performance Bellew stops him. I'll stick my neck out and say the Fury comeback goes the same way as the Haye come back when he steps up his opposition.

Huge weight loss in between fights has wrecked many a fighter.

He might possibly be just the right side of 30 years old to bounce back. But I agree that he is a very long way off yet - and may never be 100%.

LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 08:26:19 AM »

glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 09:32:12 PM »

the people he has around him are what concern me more.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: