LiveFight
March 24, 2019, 10:17:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bellew: Fury would get knocked out in 3 rounds by Wilder  (Read 595 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: August 17, 2018, 11:42:26 AM »

Tyson Fury will be knocked out inside three rounds if he takes on WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, says Tony Bellew.

Fury fights Francesco Pianeta at Windsor Park, Belfast, on Saturday, with his potential opponent Wilder expected to be ringside.

The outspoken rivals could meet next, but Bellew not only mocked Fury's second comeback fight, he also dismissed his chances of defeating 'The Bronze Bomber' this year.

"At the minute it's a bit of a freak show with Tyson Fury," Bellew told Sky Sports.

"But to be fair he has been out of the ring for the best part of three years and he hasn't lived the best lifestyle, so you can't expect to come back into this sport and this business and take on top competitors.

"He is definitely not ready for Deontay Wilder.

"Pianeta is a 6ft 5in, 17 1/2 stone southpaw. How is that preparing him - in any way, shape or form - for a 6ft 7in, possibly the biggest puncher in the whole world?"

Bellew is set to step back down to cruiserweight to challenge Oleksandr Usyk for all four major world titles after two victories over David Haye, a heavyweight who had been due to face Fury in 2013.

The Merseysider believes Haye's attributes would have been too much for Fury at that stage of his career, and predicts a disastrous defeat for the 30-year-old if he faces a similarly dangerous puncher like Wilder.

"I don't think he'd ever beat Wilder," said Bellew. "Styles make fights but when you're talking about Wilder, no-one knows what he is going to do - because he doesn't know either.

"I always thought David Haye would beat Fury, because of the styles. Tyson Fury is a vulnerable heavyweight, there's no two ways about that.

"He is not a big man who can absorb everything. He is vulnerable and he can be hurt, and when you are coming across guys with the speed and explosive power, like Deontay Wilder and Haye, it isn't good.

"Fury against Wilder would be over in three rounds, at the most."
LiveFight
« on: August 17, 2018, 11:42:26 AM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 09:48:20 PM »

The consideration given to the opinion of Bellew puts me off boxing.

Here is a guy thatís best win came against a good name but ultimately a shot fighter. Heís now walking into a fight against someone who did what he wouldnít. He doesnít even deserve the Usyk fight, but as Hearn would put the evaporation of piss on PPV, it means Bellew is now able to force his way into great opportunities.

Team Groves
bigbibbs

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 05:39:18 PM »

Bellew vs this uzk or whatever he's called won't last three rounds either lol
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 03:19:32 PM »

I still can't get my head around how people think bellew has a chance against uszk.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:43:35 PM »

I canít see how Bellew has even the slightest chance either but I thought the same against Makabu and both Haye fights.

Donít know what to make of Fury after the fight at the weekend. It was easy enough for him and he got the rounds in but he still doesnít look anywhere near as sharp as he was for the Wlad fight. His footwork has been one of his best attributes but on Saturday looked heavy on the legs and some bad habits creeping in. His right leg was sweeping behind his left in the later rounds and when youíre legs cross like like against a decent fighter if you get caught youíll be on your backside.

I donít know whatís gone on between him and Peter but I think he got the best out of Tyson. This Ben Davison might be a half decent trainer in his own right but Tyson doesnít look the same animal.

I would back a fit and firing Tyson Fury against both Wilder and AJ but Iím not sure heís back to the level he needs to be just yet.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:43:35 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: