LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:18:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ Povetkin ***spoiler***  (Read 536 times)
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: September 23, 2018, 07:44:37 AM »

Thoughts on the event last night?

Got to hand it to AJ that was some finish, more like the earlier career version. Had to take his lumps last night Povetkin was a nightmare for him at times and could have been up on the cards by the time of the KO depending on how you viewed his aggression against AJ's work. AJ needed that kind of fight after the last couple of indifferent performances. Obviously you don't want t get hurt in there if you can help it but it demonstrated his resolve to stay composed and true to his gameplan in spite of him being tagged with clean shots in every round. That finish was ruthless too.

Just as well the main event was as good as it as because the rest of the card was shite. Special mention to Okolie-Askin for possibly the worst fight I have ever seen at any level. Embarrassing that one guy can 'win' a British title in that fashion. Three points off and countless more warnings for excessive holding, hugging. Be a miracle if Askin isn't pregnant after 12 rounds of that last night. In fainess Askin did nowt himself so in an ideal world the belt should be vacant, waiting to be contested by whoever is interested in engaging in a clean boxing contest, because that fight was a terrible advert for the sport.
LiveFight
« on: September 23, 2018, 07:44:37 AM »

bigbibbs

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »

I was never paying for it but as the night drew on I thought you know what, i want to watch this.
I thought AJ was exposed once again and in some ways unable to control his opponent after five rounds. Saying that he managed to tough it up and find the punch that matters at a time when Povetkin was starting to wear thin.
But after all is said and done the winner of Fury v Wilder is going to have a walk in the park.

Hearne probably knitted himself a new hemeroid last nigh in that first round.
ashishwarrior

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »

Predicted the 8 th ffs
Oh well
Joshua cv is making Wilders and furys very very bang averange
Imo
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 04:34:00 PM »

I think I only gave 1 of the first 6 rounds to Joshua. Povetkin’s technically a much better fighter and it had Joshua lost for a while. Superb finish though.

The undercard was awful no way a PPV worthy show. Okolie should really still be fighting on the nextgen shows.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: