LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:11:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats Happened?  (Read 1303 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 09:31:35 AM »

Lads,

The new site is almost done and there is just a few more things to sort out.

Having a problem importing the posts and news articles into new site, so might just link to an archive.

I'd like it done ready for January, so please bear with.

PS - i agree that a lot of forums etc have become really nasty places , and whilst we often had arguments on here, it was generally funny (most of the time anyway). But social media has eaten so much into dedicated forums too.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 09:31:35 AM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 03:29:21 PM »

Lads,

The new site is almost done and there is just a few more things to sort out.

Having a problem importing the posts and news articles into new site, so might just link to an archive.

I'd like it done ready for January, so please bear with.

PS - i agree that a lot of forums etc have become really nasty places , and whilst we often had arguments on here, it was generally funny (most of the time anyway). But social media has eaten so much into dedicated forums too.

Social media is killing everything at the moment, a full generation have now grown up with facebook, twitter and Instagram as the norm.

kids grow up wanting to be youtube stars nowadays....

'whats a forum'

A Slice of Life
stephen thompson
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 02:39:05 PM »

I lost a lot of interest in boxing in general right around the Pacquiao/Bradley abomination. My patience was waning at the price of PPV over here in the States, but the aforementioned fight tipped me over the edge. I avoided PPV until the first Canello/GGG fight. When it went to the scores and they announced Adelaide Bird as a judge, I told those watching that she would F*ck it up, low and behold, she watched the fight with her eyes closed getting updates from Canelo's mum. While the decision was correct, it is the shit like that that just makes boxing a joke at times and indefensible when trying to convert the neutral.

As a side note, when logging in to the site today, for the first time in ages, I got a phishing scam alert. Maybe that is driving traffic away.

Happy Holidays is what the terrorists say so.....merry Christmas one and all

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 05:03:54 PM »

I lost a lot of interest in boxing in general right around the Pacquiao/Bradley abomination. My patience was waning at the price of PPV over here in the States, but the aforementioned fight tipped me over the edge. I avoided PPV until the first Canello/GGG fight. When it went to the scores and they announced Adelaide Bird as a judge, I told those watching that she would F*ck it up, low and behold, she watched the fight with her eyes closed getting updates from Canelo's mum. While the decision was correct, it is the shit like that that just makes boxing a joke at times and indefensible when trying to convert the neutral.

As a side note, when logging in to the site today, for the first time in ages, I got a phishing scam alert. Maybe that is driving traffic away.

Mcaffee virus alerts etc come up whenever you log into anything that is not HTTPS connection (the S is for security) and it's classed as unsecure connection.

But nothing to worry about. It will get remedied.
stephen thompson
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 02:11:52 PM »

Mcaffee virus alerts etc come up whenever you log into anything that is not HTTPS connection (the S is for security) and it's classed as unsecure connection.

But nothing to worry about. It will get remedied.

No worries, just wanted to make sure you were aware. I will try to frequent the new site as much as I can. It always has been mostly good banter in here. Though the "pactards" were insufferable. Hahaha.

Happy Holidays is what the terrorists say so.....merry Christmas one and all

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 02:11:52 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 04:54:57 PM »

No worries, just wanted to make sure you were aware. I will try to frequent the new site as much as I can. It always has been mostly good banter in here. Though the "pactards" were insufferable. Hahaha.

There's a lot of members just waiting to get back into it when it's done.

I have like 30,000 email list so will blast that out once its ready to go.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: