LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:12:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilder & Fury appear on GMB show  (Read 600 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: October 01, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »

Cool
LiveFight
« on: October 01, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 11:16:24 AM »

I wonder how Hennessy views this cosiness and does he figure in Fury's future any more?

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 12:16:38 PM »

Hennessey just comes across as too amateurish for me. Like when Hughie fought Parker and it was only broadcast on you tube. He doesn't seemed to have learned from his mistakes with Froch in the super six all those years ago
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 12:20:43 PM »

Hennessy doesn’t have the ability or cash to promote top level fighters. He’s lucky he’s had Tyson Fury it’s probably kept him in business 5 years longer that he should’ve been.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »

Seems like Wilder and Fury probably had enough of being in each other's company for one day by the time the press conference happened this afternoon. All that being pleasant with each other this morning must have worn thin with the pair of them.

Amusing to see Paul Dempsey's attempts at getting the pair of them to sit down as well.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 02:22:32 PM »

Cool
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 08:29:44 PM »

its a good point about Hennessy, and this is what puts me off boxing these days, that smaller promoters are being forced out more than in the past. for all his faults he was a boxing fan, knew his stuff, put on some good competitive shows on terrestrial tv over the years that were not only a big part of froch/furys popularity, but were usually meaningful career building bouts to gain ranking or belts

compare that to the cynicism of the big shows now catering to the KNOCK 'IM AHRRRT casuals with fighters like brook being hand fed to ggg to make a ppv date, or all this BEEF to manufacture fights no one asked for or really needed just to fleece idiots and it is pretty depressing.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 10:06:00 PM »

its a good point about Hennessy, and this is what puts me off boxing these days, that smaller promoters are being forced out more than in the past. for all his faults he was a boxing fan, knew his stuff, put on some good competitive shows on terrestrial tv over the years that were not only a big part of froch/furys popularity, but were usually meaningful career building bouts to gain ranking or belts

compare that to the cynicism of the big shows now catering to the KNOCK 'IM AHRRRT casuals with fighters like brook being hand fed to ggg to make a ppv date, or all this BEEF to manufacture fights no one asked for or really needed just to fleece idiots and it is pretty depressing.

Yeah I know what you mean. There is a lot of hyped up, endlessly repetitive, overly biased marketing now that nearly means you're sick of it before the fight even happens.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 04:23:56 PM »

The Sweet Caroliner's ?

The casual pound note may drive the business, and Matchroom really know how to sell to those markets, but W***** is the one with Fury now and if Hennessy is no longer involved then it is what it is. Im not sure what fighters Mick has now, beyond Hughie Fury.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: