LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:13:43 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearn : Khan vs Brook looks likely for early 2019  (Read 3216 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: October 03, 2018, 11:55:13 AM »

Eddie Hearn has declared that Amir Khan vs Kell Brook is now “likely” to happen next year.

The all-British welterweight showdown has been mooted and even negotiated on multiple occasions over the past five years, however now appears to be closer than ever.

When asked about Khan’s next bout, Hearn told ESNews: “I think it will be early next year now.

LiveFight
« on: October 03, 2018, 11:55:13 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 01:57:58 PM »

Surely not even Matchroom FC fans can have any real interest in this now.  Brook will have been out of the ring for almost a year by then and Khan's vulnerability was exposed by a C level opponent last time out.

I've actually got more interest in the prospect of Gamboa v Juanma finally happening than this.  At least I won't have to put up with all of Sky's crappy promotion and the predictable PPV for that.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 02:54:27 PM »

Surely not even Matchroom FC fans can have any real interest in this now.  Brook will have been out of the ring for almost a year by then and Khan's vulnerability was exposed by a C level opponent last time out.

I've actually got more interest in the prospect of Gamboa v Juanma finally happening than this.  At least I won't have to put up with all of Sky's crappy promotion and the predictable PPV for that.

Im just really looking forward to Khan getting ironed out.

(Agree with everything you say. Sky are flogging a almost dead horse now, thanks to Amir's ducking)
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 03:42:13 PM »

Im just really looking forward to Khan getting ironed out.

(Agree with everything you say. Sky are flogging a almost dead horse now, thanks to Amir's ducking)
I think I have more interest in Groves v Degale rematch than this. Both Khan and Brook are completely shot. Brook's fights against Spence and GGG finished him. He was never going to be the same after that.

Khan has had too much inactivity. Its clear his 3 fight deal with Matchroom was his retirement fund. I still think he may not fight Brook especially if a Manny fight is on offer

The fact this will be PPV is unbearable. Whatever happens it is one fighters last fight. Unfortunately, I think the winner will think he has just beat a top level opponent and will then get beat convincingly in a world level fight the one after
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 06:42:24 PM »

at most ill watch the ko on youtube a few days later, if i even remember.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 06:42:24 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 02:24:54 PM »

I think I have more interest in Groves v Degale rematch than this. Both Khan and Brook are completely shot. Brook's fights against Spence and GGG finished him. He was never going to be the same after that.

Khan has had too much inactivity. Its clear his 3 fight deal with Matchroom was his retirement fund. I still think he may not fight Brook especially if a Manny fight is on offer

The fact this will be PPV is unbearable. Whatever happens it is one fighters last fight. Unfortunately, I think the winner will think he has just beat a top level opponent and will then get beat convincingly in a world level fight the one after

I shall not be lining Amir Khan's pockets and will find an alternative means of viewing it live or post-event.

I'm happy to pay in a bit to the sport, but not him.

He's had numerous unwarranted PPV events from Dmitry Salita to various others. Lording it over Barrera & Michael Gomez whom would both have dusted him in their prime.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 09:21:36 AM »

Plans look to be scrapped then.

Khan saying Brook cannot weigh more than 157 on the night.

Brook set to fight 'someone' Dec now.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 09:37:30 AM »

Plans look to be scrapped then.

Khan saying Brook cannot weigh more than 157 on the night.

Brook set to fight 'someone' Dec now.

I just hope that means we never have to hear anything about it ever again.  Neither has had a win of note in 4 years so neither of them is in a position to be looking to call the shots here.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 02:16:23 PM »

Khans demands are utterly ridiculous considering he struggled to make weight the last time out. I only want to see this fight to see the end of Khans career as harsh as that may seem but I am fed up of this chancer making money from boxing.

A Slice of Life
ashishwarrior

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 04:01:23 AM »

Not interested at all

So much for that fight will always be there for me

Time waits for no man of even the self entitled little turd
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 11:59:55 AM »

If they don't fight each other where are either going where people will be interested?
Khan has one fight left on his deal with matchroom and Hearn must be fuming as he must be on a good whack and would have been expecting a ppv
ashishwarrior

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 08:18:22 AM »

If they don't fight each other where are either going where people will be interested?
Khan has one fight left on his deal with matchroom and Hearn must be fuming as he must be on a good whack and would have been expecting a ppv
yep eddie let Khan play him like a goodun
Eddie should make a ppv for Khan against spence but he won't be will bring over another honory Canadian
After all the shyte team Khan threw matchroom way to other the years
Khan uds eddie time and time again it seems
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »

Brook's opponent is an absolute shocker. I can understand the tune up in Rabchenko last time around but not another one now. It should at least be a decent world ranked opponent. They clearly don't want to risk either him or Khan until they fight each other as they know that both would likely get beat at world level.

The whole card for Sheffield looks extremely poor
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 02:14:26 PM »

I'm starting to wonder now whether ever card that Matchroom stage now is just actually a vehicle for Dave Allen to have a fight.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 04:40:11 PM »

I'm starting to wonder now whether ever card that Matchroom stage now is just actually a vehicle for Dave Allen to have a fight.

the saviours of british boxing
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: