LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:11:49 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearn : Khan vs Brook looks likely for early 2019  (Read 3215 times)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2018, 03:38:43 PM »

no doubt he has made money, but from a boxing point of view he was a young upcoming star for years and years, then as you say went straight to shot to bits after ggg smashed him up in the first few minutes. no decent promoter would have been sacrificing anyone like that.

he leaves no where near the sort of legacy he should have. i find it all a bit disappointing as he really was a good exciting fighter. he doesnt look or sound the same anymore, seems the motivation is lacking kind of halfheartedly hoping the khan fight comes off. which to be honest is an irrelevance now anyway. you cant be the same with injuries like that, and regardless of what caused them is it worth the risk carrying on?

i wonder whether hes being used to fill out more dates in a tv schedule with the carrot of a khan payday as a lure. he must have earned enough to pack it in, its not a game to play at esp not with bad eye injuries.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2018, 03:38:43 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2018, 04:57:06 PM »

The Josh Kelly fight is off now which probably makes this the worst Matchroom cars of the year.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2018, 08:44:35 PM »

The Josh Kelly fight is off now which probably makes this the worst Matchroom cars of the year.
It's a shocker. Kid ghalahad bored the tits off everyone again

I think Kelly has struggled to make weight by all accounts. He tried to get the fight reduced from 12 rounds to 10 yesterday then pulled out today. Avansen manager has slated him and booth on twitter for being unprofessional so something has gone on
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2018, 02:42:23 PM »

Brook was lousy.

He just followed the guy around with no head movement.

Not a good debut for John Fewkes as trainer either. Apparently he was looking great in camp, so maybe did the weight wrong.

All in all ... not good.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 09:13:05 AM »

Hearn is practically begging Khan to make the fight now. I assume Hearn has spent a lot of outlay on Brook & Khan recently being broadcast on regular Sky and now needs a PPV to make his money back. I can see this absolutely tanking on PPV now though as nobody seems to really have any interest in either fighter any more
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 09:13:05 AM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2018, 08:35:01 AM »

Hearn is practically begging Khan to make the fight now. I assume Hearn has spent a lot of outlay on Brook & Khan recently being broadcast on regular Sky and now needs a PPV to make his money back. I can see this absolutely tanking on PPV now though as nobody seems to really have any interest in either fighter any more

It would still do well on PPV, the casuals would lap up the SKY promotion. But I agree the interest has definitely waned for the hardcore fans. Its crystal clear that Khan doesn't want to fight Brook, its just a question of whether enough money will entice him to take the fight.

Khan has absolutely mugged off Hearn as Brook said, and behind closed doors Eddie must be f'king livid.
Khan's ego won't allow him to risk getting KO'd by a Brit. But he bullsh*tted Hearn into giving him a contract that was obviously supposed to culminate in a fight that Khan never really planned on having.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 01:07:00 PM »

if khan has been given an audley contract then fair play to him to him, the guy is a total irrelevance now anyway, there is no good reason for him to take any risks. 
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2018, 09:34:48 AM »

Talk over the last couple of days is AJ will go over to the States to fight Miller on April 13 and Hearn is lining up Brook v Khan for Wembley instead. If he fills Wembley for that I would be surprised even with all the casuals. Its is an O2 Arena or MEN fight now for me
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2018, 04:39:36 PM »

Talk over the last couple of days is AJ will go over to the States to fight Miller on April 13 and Hearn is lining up Brook v Khan for Wembley instead. If he fills Wembley for that I would be surprised even with all the casuals. Its is an O2 Arena or MEN fight now for me

Think they are looking at moving AJ to March in the garden with the April 13 date being Khan Vs Brook. Seems to be a lot of talk of it.

A Slice of Life
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2018, 10:12:48 AM »

It will sell a fair few - but the reality is that its too stale for Wembley.

It would need a hella big undercard to fill it !
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2018, 05:40:16 PM »

It will sell a fair few - but the reality is that its too stale for Wembley.

It would need a hella big undercard to fill it !

I think they'll fill it with a solid undercard......I mean there is no shortage of fighters they can bump up the card with and the casual fans will absolutely lap up a Brook/Khan build up which will be genuinely bitter and hateful. It'll be ugly but it'll pique interest.

And even to the hardcore....its still a relevant fight where we get to see after all the hype who actually is the top dog in the UK. A lot of bragging rights up for grabs and the winner can go straight into a world title fight on a real high.

In terms of an actual contest.....I would favour Brook by quite some way. Khan will always be fast but he's so chinny and Brook has always had timing and accuracy, he will surely hit Khan and take him out. I think it'll be over inside 5 rounds. I think we'll probably see a kamikazee type effort from Khan where he'll look to pelt Brook with all his speed and flash and we'll see some exciting exchanges until Brook finds the sweet spot on Khan's chin. It'll be a fast, scrappy war with a vicious finish.....in fact f*ck me I think I've talked myself into going already  Wink

legs

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2018, 02:10:03 PM »

I’d edge towards Brook winning too but the fight is closer than it was 18 months ago for a few reasons.

1.Brook last performance was awful and his new trainer if you can call him that was saying afterwards how good it was sounds like he has a yes man in his corner.

2.The fight being at 147ibs and he can’t put more than 10ibs on gives Khan a better chance than normal.

Both look finished to me but I am definitely on “Team Brook” as they say now like you say winner jumps into a world title fight and that would be a good way for them to go out.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2019, 10:28:27 AM »

I’d edge towards Brook winning too but the fight is closer than it was 18 months ago for a few reasons.

1.Brook last performance was awful and his new trainer if you can call him that was saying afterwards how good it was sounds like he has a yes man in his corner.

John Fewkes was once a great fighter, I caught him on a few maloney shows years ago. He was linked with a fight with John Murray once, and a few people thought he'd outbox him.

Sadly his head fell off, he struggled with keeping weight and went to pot.

As a trainer he's not got off to the best start with Brook, it has to be said.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2019, 11:55:59 AM »

John Fewkes was once a great fighter, I caught him on a few maloney shows years ago. He was linked with a fight with John Murray once, and a few people thought he'd outbox him.

Sadly his head fell off, he struggled with keeping weight and went to pot.

As a trainer he's not got off to the best start with Brook, it has to be said.
Looks like Khan has chose Crawford over Brook. I can't blame him to be honest as the Brook fight will still be there after no matter the result but the Crawford fight might not be.

It also might stop Brook pinning all his hopes on a Khan fight and fight someone meaningful. The champions at 154 seem like the are lining up to come over here for a pay day to fight Brook.

And considering Hearn said before Christmas its now or never for Khan v Brook it will be interesting to see his take if Khan fights Crawford. It seems like Khan has just been stringing him and Brook along since he signed for Matchroom
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2019, 12:07:52 PM »

Looks like Khan has chose Crawford over Brook. I can't blame him to be honest as the Brook fight will still be there after no matter the result but the Crawford fight might not be.

It also might stop Brook pinning all his hopes on a Khan fight and fight someone meaningful. The champions at 154 seem like the are lining up to come over here for a pay day to fight Brook.

And considering Hearn said before Christmas its now or never for Khan v Brook it will be interesting to see his take if Khan fights Crawford. It seems like Khan has just been stringing him and Brook along since he signed for Matchroom

I've said it for a while, but in Khan's mind he's ok getting dusting abroad - but will still come back and lord it over the UK at King Khan.

I dont think he'll ever fight brook, as all bragging rights are gone if he loses.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: