LiveFight
December 12, 2018, 03:44:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearn : Khan vs Brook looks likely for early 2019  (Read 1126 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 06:55:45 PM »

Khan dont want it
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 06:55:45 PM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 09:38:41 PM »

Khan dont want it
Do you think he has a pacquiao fight lined up? I.jist forget why he would sign with Hearn without the brook fight at the end of the deal
ashishwarrior

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 09:23:37 AM »

Do you think he has a pacquiao fight lined up? I.jist forget why he would sign with Hearn without the brook fight at the end of the deal
to be on a few matchroom shows back on sky and wanted stadium / big arena fights
Before hooking up with in his words the unprofessional joke outfit that is matchroom he was becoming totally irrelevant
Took that matchroom shilling and laughing at brook whilst eddie mentions Pac for Khan
Eddie is pleading with Khan to sign for brook
Eddie should make it clear to the fans who the real draw of the two is at this point in time
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:33:17 AM by ashishwarrior » Logged
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 10:20:57 AM »

The Brook card for Saturday night looks fairly atrocious (although I do have some interest in the Kelly v  Avanesyan fight).  With Khan being mentioned for Crawford now,  don't even want to hear mention of these two fighting in 2019 as it's beyond irrelevant now.

Also, Anthony Fowler is on the card against the mighty TBA.  To be fair, he's done well to become one of the fighters I dislike most in such a short career to date.  I hope Ted Cheeseman flattens him if the pair ever meet.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 10:57:41 AM »

The Brook card for Saturday night looks fairly atrocious (although I do have some interest in the Kelly v  Avanesyan fight).  With Khan being mentioned for Crawford now,  don't even want to hear mention of these two fighting in 2019 as it's beyond irrelevant now.

Also, Anthony Fowler is on the card against the mighty TBA.  To be fair, he's done well to become one of the fighters I dislike most in such a short career to date.  I hope Ted Cheeseman flattens him if the pair ever meet.

Fowler really grinds on some fans. I dont know what drives them so mad - but ive seen several calling him a tosser when he tweets his "motivation speeches" and and an ass-kisser.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 10:57:41 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 11:19:19 AM »

Fowler really grinds on some fans. I dont know what drives them so mad - but ive seen several calling him a tosser when he tweets his "motivation speeches" and and an ass-kisser.

I don't follow him on Twitter as I'm not interested in what he's got to say.  It's on the boxing front for me.  He's looked pretty average against mediocre fighters and then has the audacity to essentially call Cheeseman a fraud after winning the British title.  I'm not saying Cheeseman has been in with murderers row but Jones (after he'd been jobbed against Margarito), Upton and Byfield back to back are miles ahead of what Fowler has been up against or will be up against on Saturday.

I'd favour that Cheeseman would take the fight tomorrow whereas Fowler will trot out the "I'll fight whoever my team put in front of me" line.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »

Fowler gets on my nerves as well, him being a scouser doesn't help matters with that

For me, Brook needs to forget about Khan and if he is serious about continuing his career look for a world title shot at light middle. At the moment all he appears to be doing is fighting bums hanging around for the Khan pay day.

If Khan does go to fight Crawford instead of Brook then I don't think people can criticise him. If he has been offered $5 million I would imagine he wouldn't make any more from a Brook fight and at least this is a fight that would mean something in terms of titles
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »

Fowler gets on my nerves as well, him being a scouser doesn't help matters with that

For me, Brook needs to forget about Khan and if he is serious about continuing his career look for a world title shot at light middle. At the moment all he appears to be doing is fighting bums hanging around for the Khan pay day.

If Khan does go to fight Crawford instead of Brook then I don't think people can criticise him. If he has been offered $5 million I would imagine he wouldn't make any more from a Brook fight and at least this is a fight that would mean something in terms of titles

Im sick of hearing about brook khan now.

Its plain to see that Khan simply doesn't want to lose to a brit. He seems ok with get flattened by people abroad.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »

Im sick of hearing about brook khan now.

Its plain to see that Khan simply doesn't want to lose to a brit. He seems ok with get flattened by people abroad.
Totally agree - its a nothing fight now. I don't think he gets flattened by Crawford as not sure he has the knock out power of Brook who would be huge at the weight (I think he gets beat convincingly mind)

Brook needs to move on and fight someone relevant as well. His resume is shocking for someone with so many fights. And 2 out of his 3 decent level opponents he has got beaten by. At least Khan would fight anyone
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2018, 03:39:24 PM »

Totally agree - its a nothing fight now. I don't think he gets flattened by Crawford as not sure he has the knock out power of Brook who would be huge at the weight (I think he gets beat convincingly mind)

Brook needs to move on and fight someone relevant as well. His resume is shocking for someone with so many fights. And 2 out of his 3 decent level opponents he has got beaten by. At least Khan would fight anyone

To be fair to Brook, I think it is clear that going from GGG to Spence Jr that he is willing to fight anyone.  He just has a strange CV in that it only has Porter on as someone at a level he should have been fighting at routinely for a couple of years.  He essentially wasted the two years post winning the title and ended up with consecutive bad injuries and is now back treading water waiting for something to happen.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 03:47:50 PM »

To be fair to Brook, I think it is clear that going from GGG to Spence Jr that he is willing to fight anyone.  He just has a strange CV in that it only has Porter on as someone at a level he should have been fighting at routinely for a couple of years.  He essentially wasted the two years post winning the title and ended up with consecutive bad injuries and is now back treading water waiting for something to happen.
Wasn't Spence Jnr his mandatory so didn't have much choice? The GGG was a think a knee jerk reaction to Khan v Canelo. I think the GGG fight took a lot out of him and if he had the chance again wouldn't have taken it

At the end of the day Khan v Brook is 3 years overdue and wouldn't be near the event it should have been
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2018, 04:02:19 PM »

Wasn't Spence Jnr his mandatory so didn't have much choice? The GGG was a think a knee jerk reaction to Khan v Canelo. I think the GGG fight took a lot out of him and if he had the chance again wouldn't have taken it

At the end of the day Khan v Brook is 3 years overdue and wouldn't be near the event it should have been

Yeah, Spence was his mandatory but I don't think he'd have received much in the way of criticism for dropping the belt and heading to 154 after losing to GGG and Middleweight.  Hauling himself back down to 147 immediately after the GGG fight was another decision I doubt he'd make again in hindsight along with hanging out with random blokes with knives in Tenerife.

If Khan fights Crawford he gets stopped again and a fight with Brook is less than worthless.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2018, 04:03:46 PM »

Summat like that.

But there was talk of him going to 154 and vacated the welter title.

Personally, I thought it was a ridiculous move to fight GGG. He had no business going up 2 weight classes to fight a middleweight.

At least with Khan v Canelo, he used to be a welter fighter (Floyd, Matt Hatton etc)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2018, 09:47:33 PM »

brook's career has been destroyed by matchroom. it never really got started, then he was 'offered the chance' to fight a murderous puncher who was 2 weights up, and that was the end of it. disgusting is what it is actually, hes been badly hurt as a result and is clearly looking to cash out now and i wouldnt blame him, he should really retire.

brook hasnt helped himself but no one seems to have been managing him in terms of his own interests,but rather satisfying ppv dates etc, offering him desperate chances rather than building him up.

this was one of the uks most promising fighters at the weight and hes done ok, thats it.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2018, 09:14:14 AM »

brook's career has been destroyed by matchroom. it never really got started, then he was 'offered the chance' to fight a murderous puncher who was 2 weights up, and that was the end of it. disgusting is what it is actually, hes been badly hurt as a result and is clearly looking to cash out now and i wouldnt blame him, he should really retire.

brook hasnt helped himself but no one seems to have been managing him in terms of his own interests,but rather satisfying ppv dates etc, offering him desperate chances rather than building him up.

this was one of the uks most promising fighters at the weight and hes done ok, thats it.

I think 'destroyed' is maybe a tad harsh, and Im sure he is very wealthy now in comparison to his previous promoter.

To surmise i simply think Brook was not fed to the wolves, but he was fed to SKY so they could honour their PPV slot.

On one hand, Brook was given a PPV gimme against Frankie Gavin, then he was sacrificed against GGG.

Errol Spence Jr was a fight that he was definitely in, until the other eye went. You have to wonder if his eye was originally weakened by GGG too, like the first eye socket ? perhaps it's just a weakness due to shape of his skull or similar.

But yes, the GGG fight was a bad move, regardless what he was paid. Brook went from a fresh, unbeaten fighter to a shot fighter almost overnight.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: