LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:05:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: brook leaves wincobank?  (Read 564 times)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« on: October 19, 2018, 07:42:18 PM »

so the rumor goes, what a mess
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 03:57:32 PM by glenn_user » Logged
LiveFight
« on: October 19, 2018, 07:42:18 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:47:19 PM »

I hear ingles take like 25-30% of their fighters purse or summat.

Brook has probably decided itís time to make most he can before hangingvthe gloves up.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 08:59:55 PM »

yeah, heard something similar, would make sense in a way. brook looks like a man with little motivation desperate for one last worthwhile payday. sad its ending this way really, hes had a good career and although he hasnt helped himself he has been horrifically mismanaged by matchroom and should have done much more.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 02:43:15 PM »

yeah, heard something similar, would make sense in a way. brook looks like a man with little motivation desperate for one last worthwhile payday. sad its ending this way really, hes had a good career and although he hasnt helped himself he has been horrifically mismanaged by matchroom and should have done much more.

I see your point.

That said, Brook hasn't really done himself any favours at times.

He and Khan suffered long spells of mediocrity looking for their "big fight"  (Khan looking for Mayweather, Brook for Khan) and then took dangerous fights with Golovkin & Canelo respectively and were stopped badly.

I find it weird that Brook's had the same injury now to both eyes, during both losses. Maybe he has a ton of exciting fights ahead if they hold up, or maybe he is looking for one or two last outings for the money.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 07:17:09 PM »

I see your point.

That said, Brook hasn't really done himself any favours at times.

He and Khan suffered long spells of mediocrity looking for their "big fight"  (Khan looking for Mayweather, Brook for Khan) and then took dangerous fights with Golovkin & Canelo respectively and were stopped badly.

I find it weird that Brook's had the same injury now to both eyes, during both losses. Maybe he has a ton of exciting fights ahead if they hold up, or maybe he is looking for one or two last outings for the money.
I think brook and khan should both hang them up. I can't see either winning a world title again unless very carefully matched and very fortunate. They are both clearly hanging round for one last big pay day

LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 07:17:09 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 11:10:52 AM »

Other than the money element, it's difficult to see a move having any benefit for Kell.  He's so ingrained in the Ingle style that I can't see a move leading to any improvements for him, especially at this stage of his career.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »

Other than the money element, it's difficult to see a move having any benefit for Kell.  He's so ingrained in the Ingle style that I can't see a move leading to any improvements for him, especially at this stage of his career.

It's definitely down to the Ingle % of purses mate.

It always is. I'd be surprised if it was not.
ashishwarrior

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 09:32:32 AM »

I hear ingles take like 25-30% of their fighters purse or summat.

Brook has probably decided itís time to make most he can before hangingvthe gloves up.
As trainer/manager/s+c / team organiser
Or just as coach
That's a fair whole chunk of change in most cases
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 09:33:47 AM »

As trainer/manager/s+c / team organiser
Or just as coach
That's a fair whole chunk of change in most cases

I think thats what I heard for Junior Witter. Obviously it was from an ex ingle fighter i happened to get chatting to. Perhaps it is/was different for Kell given he would have been earning a lot more than Junior.

So take my comments with a pinch of salt. It could be true, it could be a half-truth.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: