LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:07:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *SPOILER* Stay indoors, bulgarian residents warned; BIG CAT ON THE LOOSE  (Read 869 times)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« on: October 23, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »

fury v pulev in sofia this weekend, how do you see it panning out?

i think fury stands a good chance if he is a bit more aggressive than against parker. pulev is old inactive and doesnt seem particularly motivated.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:40:23 PM by glenn_user » Logged
LiveFight
« on: October 23, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 07:18:13 PM »

fury v pulev in sofia this weekend, how do you see it panning out?

i think fury stands a good chance if he is a bit more aggressive than against parker. pulev is old inactive and doesnt seem particularly motivated. 
Agree with that. I think hughie has lots of talent but can't expect to win decisions spending the whole fight on the back foot
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 04:40:03 PM »

he looked much better against parker. not a good performance. even though he was negative against parker he moved well and looked quite sharp. last night he looked like a caveman trying to club away with that big telegraphed over right hand.

Yes, he was injured early , pulev is quite wily and a bit dirty, but it was still a pretty poor performance. inexperience from both him and peter perhaps?

horrible fight fight anyway.

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 05:26:44 PM »

The technique (or lack of) when he was throwing punches was awful. At times he looked like a white collar fighter. I donít think he threw more than a 2 punch combination the whole fight.

Really disappointed as I like the Furys but even with the injury that was a poor show.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 11:48:55 AM »

The technique (or lack of) when he was throwing punches was awful. At times he looked like a white collar fighter. I donít think he threw more than a 2 punch combination the whole fight.

Really disappointed as I like the Furys but even with the injury that was a poor show.

Hughie's surname has seemingly got him further than his skillset.

He's came up short against Parker and Pulev now. His dad saying he is very young and experience cost him. He may be correct, but if Tyson gets wiped out by Wilder then I think the Fury's will no longer be the travelling roadshow any more.

Why ? because they are both slippery, if not rather dull 12 round fighters and will be part of the nobody-needs-them club.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 11:48:55 AM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 01:29:54 PM »

Hughie's surname has seemingly got him further than his skillset.

He's came up short against Parker and Pulev now. His dad saying he is very young and experience cost him. He may be correct, but if Tyson gets wiped out by Wilder then I think the Fury's will no longer be the travelling roadshow any more.

Why ? because they are both slippery, if not rather dull 12 round fighters and will be part of the nobody-needs-them club.
I think Hughie is already in that club. Hence why he had to go to Bulgaria to fight Pulev. He would be better going back to British level and making a few defences there first and then looking to make a step up again. The fact he is with Hennessey whose promotion seems shocking doesn't help him

Tyson will be able to dine out on his name for a bit even if he gets beat by Wilder, due to nobody else being able to do what he could and de-throne Wlad
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 08:49:42 AM »

Looks like Hughie will fight Joe Joyce is BBBoC get their way? i think they've declared it
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 09:03:29 AM »

Looks like Hughie will fight Joe Joyce is BBBoC get their way? i think they've declared it

They did, for the British title.  Dubois v Gorman was ordered as an eliminator as well.  Another one of those where I'd be surprised if either happens although I'd like to see both.

I imagine the line will be that Hughie is beyond British level now with the reality being if he loses to a novice in Joyce it'll be a tough road back.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »

They did, for the British title.  Dubois v Gorman was ordered as an eliminator as well.  Another one of those where I'd be surprised if either happens although I'd like to see both.

I imagine the line will be that Hughie is beyond British level now with the reality being if he loses to a novice in Joyce it'll be a tough road back.
Would fancy seeing both of those but as you said, i can't see either happening.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: