LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:07:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bellew v Uskyk  (Read 645 times)
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: November 07, 2018, 12:06:22 PM »

Does anyone give Bellew a chance in this? I think Usyk boxes his head off and stops him between 8 & 10

Think it is scandalous that Bellew is now seen as a PPV fighter. Never beaten any proven world level boxer and now we have to pay 20 to watch all of his fights
LiveFight
« on: November 07, 2018, 12:06:22 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 12:20:50 PM »

I was wondering the other day how much it would take for me to suspend all integrity and start spouting some of the nonsense the Sky pundits have been coming out with.  Nelson saying Bellew can outbox Usyk, Froch saying a Bellew left hook could knock him cold, etc, just embarrassing.

Credit to Bellew for taking the fight, but he won a title at Cruiserweight and defended it against BJ Flores.  Usyk won a title in his tenth pro fight and then proceeded to lay waste to the entire division in his opponents back yards.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 04:39:13 PM »

dont have s*y and wont be buying it. fair play to bellew for taking it though because the ppv crowd would probably pay as much or more to watch haye III instead.

a big underdog but he has been written off time and time again only to surprise people. uysk will likely outbox him but cant see him doing a superman on him in 5 rounds. bellew has a chance, but i wouldnt put much if any money on him.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 04:17:54 PM »

Watched this Saturday, Usyk was just far too good. Bellew started well but despite the crowd and sky cheerleaders saying otherwise don't ever think he had him in any trouble or worried. Not sure how the judges were scoring it as they did. As Paulie said on commentary, judging should be scored fairly not looking for a reason to give the under dog a round

Fair play to Tony Bellew for taking the fight, although do wonder how much a PPV pay day influenced it

I'm not sure about the plaudits for Tony's career describing him as a great of British boxing. Apart from his win at Goodsion I can't remember him beating a genuine world level fighter. He has been in some absolute dire fights, Cleverley 2 & Chilemba 1 spring to mind (I actually worked out of Chilemba 1 at the arena half way through). The wins over Haye give his career a better view as he was the underdog in both, not taking into account Haye was shot to pieces in both fights. I would say his career is probably on a par with Clev's if I'm honest in terms of resume but later on in his career has just been that much more popular, dare I say this, mainly to Hearn's promotion
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 05:38:59 PM »

Watched this Saturday, Usyk was just far too good. Bellew started well but despite the crowd and sky cheerleaders saying otherwise don't ever think he had him in any trouble or worried. Not sure how the judges were scoring it as they did. As Paulie said on commentary, judging should be scored fairly not looking for a reason to give the under dog a round

Fair play to Tony Bellew for taking the fight, although do wonder how much a PPV pay day influenced it

I'm not sure about the plaudits for Tony's career describing him as a great of British boxing. Apart from his win at Goodsion I can't remember him beating a genuine world level fighter. He has been in some absolute dire fights, Cleverley 2 & Chilemba 1 spring to mind (I actually worked out of Chilemba 1 at the arena half way through). The wins over Haye give his career a better view as he was the underdog in both, not taking into account Haye was shot to pieces in both fights. I would say his career is probably on a par with Clev's if I'm honest in terms of resume but later on in his career has just been that much more popular, dare I say this, mainly to Hearn's promotion

pretty much that i guess, he seems popular to those with sky subscriptions, but outside of that sphere he isnt regarded particularly highly. he has done quite well, but was no where near the wbss, and that usyk fight shows why, he wouldnt have won one fight. to be honest i thought he would do a lot better than that, it wasnt close to being competitive. clever match making creating a paper tiger.

i have noticed a rather unusual trait that matchroom boxers have, they tend to 'showboat' despite getting the absolute piss beaten out of them. i fairly certain that isnt how its supposed to work.   

i would also like to say how disgusted i was that he got a tattoo celebrating the manchester arena bomber, thankfully though some commentator on my stream pointed out that that wasnt the case if anyone had been thinking that. phew!
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 05:38:59 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 11:49:05 AM »

The insanity of those indoctrinated by the Sky hype was shown by the polls with the majority of people picking the result to be a Bellew KO.  Someone on Twitter even said that Bellew would've KO'd every one of Usyk's previous opponents.  I can only assume those people had never watched Usyk before and had only watched Bellew's last few fights.

Usyk has to be nailed on for Fighter of the Year now.  Fights to unify the division, the become undisputed in it followed by defending it all in his opponents backyards in 2018.

Adam Smiths comments about the 'Bomber' tattoo were pure Alan Partridge.

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:09:54 PM »

How would Uskyk far at heavyweight he seems like he has the frame to be able to carry the weight up. He is technically very good after a warm up fight would Hearn put him in with AJ? from watching him he appears technically better than AJ however AJ is huge for a heavyweight. I would rather see Uskyk AJ than Whyte vs AJ 2, just a thought.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: