LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:14:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **SPOILER** Fury "When i beat Wilder im staying in America to be PPV star"  (Read 1205 times)
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 06:20:16 AM »

I don't know how he got up from that knockdown combination in the 12th round. Unbelieveable.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 06:20:16 AM »

ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 07:37:00 AM »

I don't know how he got up from that knockdown combination in the 12th round. Unbelieveable.

Not just got up, but started winning a spent round. Nuts.

Can't argue with UK fans thinking Fury took it. But, I had one clear Wilder round, his two 10 -8 rounds, and there was one that was questionable. The scorecards were pathetic, though. But, Tyson looked insane. Coming out of that knockdown is something I have never seen before. True Gyspy King.
TC

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 09:06:41 AM »

Just watched a vid replay. Weird scorecards but I think Fury has had a massive result getting a draw.

Fury boxed beautifully for the most part and punished Wilder for missing regularly. However, there were a couple of rounds when he got a bit lazy and didn't really land much clean. If you give those rounds to Wilder for pressing the action, plus the two 10-8 rounds, I can see why you'd score the fight even or just to Wilder, particularly as the home fighter. I certainly don't feel like Fury has been robbed.

Cracking fight though, far better than I expected.

"Me: We"
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 10:01:28 AM »

Just watched a vid replay. Weird scorecards but I think Fury has had a massive result getting a draw.

Fury boxed beautifully for the most part and punished Wilder for missing regularly. However, there were a couple of rounds when he got a bit lazy and didn't really land much clean. If you give those rounds to Wilder for pressing the action, plus the two 10-8 rounds, I can see why you'd score the fight even or just to Wilder, particularly as the home fighter. I certainly don't feel like Fury has been robbed.

Cracking fight though, far better than I expected.

My first reaction was robbery, but I take onboard your points.

Id have to rewatch it again with a more critical eye.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 11:47:25 AM »

I haven't watched the fight back, I can't get my head round why or how one of the judges manages to score the first four rounds to Wilder. Like has been said things can look different on replay but I personally thought 3-1 was about right.

I have to say that's one of the best fights I have seen this year very exciting and technically Fury is very good. If the knockdown in the 9th hadn't happened then I would find it really difficult to make a case for a draw. I thought Wilder looked terrible and Fury was able to rock him on a few occasions. After getting up in the 12th Fury actually had him in trouble and I was screaming at him to go for the knockout.

I could be off the mark but as the fight wore on it looked to me as if Wilders power was fading then boom the 12th happens.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 11:47:25 AM »

TC

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 09:15:43 PM »

My first reaction was robbery, but I take onboard your points.

Id have to rewatch it again with a more critical eye.

I'd like to watch it again with a decent vid rather than the crap one I watched, but to clarify my first thought was that though Fury was the superior fighter I felt like he left himself open to getting done on the scorecards.

He had a few rounds where he made Wilder miss but didn't really counter clearly to win the round; fighting against an American in LA, with a bit more activity I think he'd have made his superiority more obvious.

Interesting to see where AJ goes from here...

"Me: We"
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »

I'd like to watch it again with a decent vid rather than the crap one I watched, but to clarify my first thought was that though Fury was the superior fighter I felt like he left himself open to getting done on the scorecards.

He had a few rounds where he made Wilder miss but didn't really counter clearly to win the round; fighting against an American in LA, with a bit more activity I think he'd have made his superiority more obvious.

Interesting to see where AJ goes from here...

I'd imagine that barring a big upset by Chisora that it will be the rematch that no one really cares about against Whyte in April.  If Wilder and Fury are tied up with each other then it gives AJ the illusion of an excuse as it seems unlikely that either Wilder or Fury would've been in the opposite corner in April whatever the result on Saturday night. 

If it's not either Fury or Wilder in September time then even the Matchroom FC fans will have to start questioning what they are being sold.  Before Saturday it would have been hard for anyone to argue that AJ wasn't the star in the division but he's now ceded a lot of that status and the negotiating position that would've come with it.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 02:03:17 PM »

I'd imagine that barring a big upset by Chisora that it will be the rematch that no one really cares about against Whyte in April.  If Wilder and Fury are tied up with each other then it gives AJ the illusion of an excuse as it seems unlikely that either Wilder or Fury would've been in the opposite corner in April whatever the result on Saturday night. 

If it's not either Fury or Wilder in September time then even the Matchroom FC fans will have to start questioning what they are being sold.  Before Saturday it would have been hard for anyone to argue that AJ wasn't the star in the division but he's now ceded a lot of that status and the negotiating position that would've come with it.
Totally agree. If Wilder agrees to the rematch with Fury after what he went through Saturday night I think it is clear he isn't ducking anyone.

The problem I see with Matchroom and AJ is that there are no negotiations. It's a case of if you want the fight it will be at Wembley on xx date, it will be on Sky Box Office & Dazn and we will pay you this. That's not a negotiation that is a dictation. When he was fighting Parker it was all #roadtounification. Now it seems that is all off the radar.

I think Fury & Wilder now have a lot of potential to capture the US market which may mean one sits one side of the Atlantic and one sits the other and there is no unification until one gets beat by someone else
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 10:18:20 AM »

i think tyson won the fight quite clearly on points yet somehow a draw doesnt seem too unfair a result. tyson outboxed him, and wilder flattened him. both scenarios that were predicted, both playing to their strengths well. but that one card was from another planet really. you cant go the distance and win the fight on points winning only 2/3 rounds even if they are emphatic, that isnt how it works.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: