LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:22:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fielding canelo  (Read 413 times)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« on: December 18, 2018, 01:13:53 PM »

did anyone watch it. i just saw the result, no suprise really, an insulting match up. there are some fighters sitting around idle that would have given canelo a test instead that is served up. boxing fans arent interested, so how are they going to get a wider audience with this kind of thing?

as for fielding, im still not sure what to make of him. his best win is a very controversial one against that young german kid who just gave up whilst trying to get out of his sauerland contract.
LiveFight
« on: December 18, 2018, 01:13:53 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 01:49:56 PM »

Fielding was always going to be out of his depth as a British/Euro level fighter, it reminded me of Jennings going up against Cotto a few years back.

It clearly wasn't going to be a test for Canelo but it was up at 168 and coming off the back of the GGG rematch 3 months earlier.  I imagined it was viewed more as a showcase for him on DAZN (so not PPV) and wouldn't want a banana skin in his first fight in the deal on the platform.  I think the MSG was sold out for it as well so clearly plenty of people do care given that it's Canelo.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »

It was a dreadful bout.

There was a chorus of "he dared to be brave" - but the reality is he was picking up a cheque for a beating.

Can't knock him for that, but don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining either.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 02:56:11 PM »

It was a dreadful bout.

There was a chorus of "he dared to be brave" - but the reality is he was picking up a cheque for a beating.

Can't knock him for that, but don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining either.
Exactly - he sold his belt to the highest bidder. Plenty of others have done the same thing (Charles Martin comes to mind).

This was clearly there for Canelo to be a 3 weight world champion. That's what they sold it as and it was always going to happen. Lets be realistic, Fielding isn't world class and is probably 5th best British Super middleweight where Canelo would be in everyone's top 5 P4P
ashishwarrior

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 01:10:18 PM »

Hmm clen boy and Khan wanting rehydration clauses and now the wbc are taking a firm look at weight next year
The sport is corrupt to fhook rocky did not look healthy
Is rules for certain boxers not the sport it's self
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 01:10:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: