LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:24:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DeGale vs Eubank Jr coming Feb 23rd ? ITV box office  (Read 1425 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: January 02, 2019, 12:08:05 PM »

James DeGale is reportedly about to announce that he will be fighting Chris Eubank Jr on February 23 at the London Olympia.

The former two-time IBF super-middleweight world champion vacated his belt last summer in order to seek out big fights towards the end of his career Ė rather than face mandatory challenger Jose Uzcategui.

LiveFight
« on: January 02, 2019, 12:08:05 PM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 02:44:01 PM »

A prime Degale would school Eubank. Eubank has shown his level in his losses to Groves & Saunders. Degale has looked poor recently so makes this an intriguing fight. As a PPV undercard main attraction it is great. As a headliner it is a joke
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 07:02:22 PM »

Great fight be interesting to see how much Degale has left and if Eubank has learned lessons.

A Slice of Life
bigbibbs

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 08:17:47 PM »

If this is truly going to be love then boxing is dead
bigbibbs

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 06:51:27 PM »

Ha ha just saw my spell checker placed love in there when it should have said ppv
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 06:51:27 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 04:48:44 PM »

Ha ha just saw my spell checker placed love in there when it should have said ppv

I thought you were simply being affectionate, love  Grin
legs

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 02:50:54 PM »

If I find a stream iíll take a watch of this but I can see it being a bore fest Eubank Jnr doing his usual 5-6 round walking around posing and then realising he is way behind on the scorecards so has to start doing something worthwhile.

No way the fight should be on PPV though.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »

If I find a stream iíll take a watch of this but I can see it being a bore fest Eubank Jnr doing his usual 5-6 round walking around posing and then realising he is way behind on the scorecards so has to start doing something worthwhile.

No way the fight should be on PPV though.

The fight will be shit.

Im pretty sure of it.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 02:27:29 PM »

I am looking forward to this fight now, its an interesting fight if Eubank fights at tempo and pushes Degale for 3 mins of each round he's in with a chance. If degale boxes as well as he can he should win fairly comfortably. Whilst Degale has been in a few poor fights he's also been in some crackers and Eubank likes a tear up. I'll hopefully pick up a stream. I am going to say Eubank on points I don't think either has the power to stop the other.

A Slice of Life
legs

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 10:14:48 PM »

Joyce stops Stiverne in 6th round he was pretty much a punch bag.

Joyce has zero defence he might be fairly heavy handed but anyone decent will beat him with ease.
legs

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 11:38:38 PM »

Abit better fight than I thought but Degale was shot in that ring tonight.

How did one judge have it only 114-112 !!!
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 09:27:13 AM »

Joyce is great fun to watch  Grin wreck it Ralph in boxing gloves.

Heís not going to have a long career with no regard for defence but he wasnít going to anyway due to how old he was when he turned over.

Donít think Charr is anything special so heíd have a great chance.

Degale is shot to pieces. Canít even string a full sentence together these days. Surely has to retire. I donít think Eubank looked that good either he was loading up punches from Wednesday and Degale still couldnít see them coming.

I canít believe Jimmy Mac looked at him in sparring and thought he was still up to it.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 04:40:19 PM »

Degale needs to retire. His legs have gone and he couldn't pull the trigger any more

Eubank looked better than previous but is still no world beater

Joyce is terrible. Stiverne looked like he couldn't be arsed from round one. To come in that shape is embarrassing. Joyce's style just doesn't look right to me. It's like he cant put enough power into them
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 01:33:42 PM »

I thought Eubank looked a lot better at the weight fuller more powerful. He has changed his footwork and the position he is now throwing shots from. He isn't a world beater and another fight under this trainer to continue his progress before a more meaningful fight against another world level fight wouldn't do him any harm. He still looks a prospect with work to do.

Degales legs dipped every time Eubank landed he sounds terrible and is badly slurring his words. I heard recently that he likes a night out and a fortnight or more abroad. He either packs in boxing and enjoys his life or he packs in his outside the ring activities if true and focuses on boxing. He needs a good six months break from both take stock and reevaluate. It appears financially he hasn't made as much as he possibly would have liked. I believe he should have been pulled out at the end of the 10th for his own good.

A Slice of Life
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 07:29:37 PM »

Degale confirms his retirement. Couldnít really see where he couldíve gone from here
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: