LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:08:43 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joshua's team put a 10-day deadline on next opponent announcement  (Read 857 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:19:55 PM »

Anthony Joshua's team have put a 10-day deadline on their search for his next opponent, with chances of a Deontay Wilder showdown fading fast after talks broke down again.

Wilder has always been Joshua’s No 1 preference for an April 13 fight at Wembley, despite the likelihood that the WBC champion would instead face Tyson Fury in a rematch or take on his mandatory challenger Dominic Breazeale.

There had been a private hope that the American might yet be swayed, but Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn revealed to Sportsmail on Monday that the past ‘five or six’ emails to Wilder have gone unanswered across a period of three weeks.

A new offer is being drafted for Wilder that will be sent this week, with proposals also going out to Fury and Dillian Whyte, who last week hit out at the ‘utterly ridiculous’ terms put forward by Joshua’s team.

No official approach has yet been made to American Jarrell Miller for a fight at Madison Square Garden but it is a fight under consideration, particularly with the situation so cloudy and the clock ticking.

Whyte has long been considered the most realistic option, but Hearn says there is ‘no clear favourite’ at this stage, with only 13 weeks until his Wembley reservation.
LiveFight
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:19:55 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 02:20:57 PM »

A fight offer being sent to Fury ?

Interesting.

Im sure Tyson will publicly spill what it is...
bigbibbs

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 06:48:54 PM »

You know what they always say. If they really want to fight twill.
If they don't they make excuses
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »

Its going to be Miller at MSG or Barclays. I think this has been obvious for a while and Hearn can claim everyone else priced themselves out of it
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »

Its going to be Miller at MSG or Barclays. I think this has been obvious for a while and Hearn can claim everyone else priced themselves out of it

It was ridiculously obvious to everyone that's not part of Matchroom FC.  I seem to recall that we said this would be the case well over a month ago.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »

legs

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 10:01:32 AM »

Correct been setting it up since the DAZN meeting when they faced off.

I guess the options are limited it’s either Miller or Whyte.

Fury v Wilder II obviously needs to happen again they can’t leave it at the draw.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 03:19:27 PM »

Miller now confirmed as AJ's opponent on 1st June at MSG.  The whole thing is looking a bit of a farce especially now that it looks like the winner of Wilder v Fury could have to defend against the Whyte v Brezeale winner in their next fight.  For a side apparently holding all the cards, AJ's team have played them very badly.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 08:31:47 PM »

Miller now confirmed as AJ's opponent on 1st June at MSG.  The whole thing is looking a bit of a farce especially now that it looks like the winner of Wilder v Fury could have to defend against the Whyte v Brezeale winner in their next fight.  For a side apparently holding all the cards, AJ's team have played them very badly.

Traveling to the US to fight a C list heavyweight with no belts. Two of the excuses he’s previously rolled out for not facing Wilder and Fury.

Cheapest ticket is over $100. I can’t see this being a big ticket seller.

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 12:26:47 PM »

Traveling to the US to fight a C list heavyweight with no belts. Two of the excuses he’s previously rolled out for not facing Wilder and Fury.

Cheapest ticket is over $100. I can’t see this being a big ticket seller.

From What Whyte said on IFL the other day DAZN are basically putting pressure on Hearn to take AJ to the US so he can be on prime time over there
He has made himself look stupid with the comment about not going over there to fight Wilder now
The Parker fight a year ago was billed as Road to Undisputed and that seems a long way off now. I imagine after this he will be fighting Pulev as well so no decent challenger until next year now
TC

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 04:45:58 PM »

Quite pleasing to see Hearn get outmanoeuvred in this way. It's all a bit of a mess really.

I'll be amazed if more than a thousand or so go over to NYC for this. Hearn's talk of a Hatton-like following is pretty unrealistic, if only for the relative expense of visiting the US now rather than in the mid noughties.

"Me: We"
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 11:15:28 AM »

Quite pleasing to see Hearn get outmanoeuvred in this way. It's all a bit of a mess really.

I'll be amazed if more than a thousand or so go over to NYC for this. Hearn's talk of a Hatton-like following is pretty unrealistic, if only for the relative expense of visiting the US now rather than in the mid noughties.

Have you seen the ticket prices for it? Ludicrous prices to get even a half decent seat to a bang average fight.
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 03:52:39 PM »

It's fights like these that make people start to lose interest in fighters. Its one thing having a slow build up but hes yo-yoing up and down in levels for no good reason now. It will bring in complacency and he'll lose his edge making any fight with Fury or Wilder that much harder.

And he doesn't need another 4 months to prepare for Miller.
legs

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 02:48:21 PM »

its clear the fight is all about getting Joshua to fight in America and who knows whose fault it was/is the Wilder fight should have happened by now.

Put it this way the next fight has to be Joshua v Fury/Wilder
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »

I dont mind it from a travel perspective, but no way on earth i'd pay for it.

Why? because it will be over inside 3 rounds and will be 3am when he does.

TC

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2019, 12:33:45 PM »

Have you seen the ticket prices for it? Ludicrous prices to get even a half decent seat to a bang average fight.

Yeah, joke.

Lot of money to shell out to watch a B-level fight, even if it is a stacked* undercard.

*it will be shit

"Me: We"
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: