LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:22:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crawford vs Khan - Madison Square Garden ?  (Read 460 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

Apparently it will be official today...
LiveFight
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 03:28:52 PM »

There had been some speculation as to whether the bout would take place in Las Vegas, however, Arum told talkSPORT Fight Night: “We just really feel that New York has become a hot place for boxing.

“When Canelo fought his last fight it was sold out in the big [Madison Square] Garden. The week before we had Lomachenko in the Theater and we sold it right out.

“For this fight, the 20,000 seats will go and we’ll sell it right out.”

Regarding the UK TV situation, Arum revealed no deal has yet been agreed for a broadcaster, despite Khan’s relationship with Sky Sports and Matchroom Boxing.

It appears the aim is to put the bout on pay-per-view, as the American explained it will likely be decided by what happens with Anthony Joshua’s April 13 date the week prior to Crawford vs Khan – meaning Sky won’t want to run consecutive PPV bouts.

Arum said: “I think Todd DuBoef who’s the president of Top Rank is working out it and we’ll see.

“A lot will depend on whether Sky has an April 13 fight with Joshua.”

When asked to confirm a rumour that 21-year-old lightweight contender Teofimo Lopez will be the first fighter on the undercard, Arum responded: “That is correct, he’s really a phenomenon.”
Danny B

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 03:10:50 PM »

I just can't see how Khan can win this. Crawford's resume isnt amazing but he's got skills. This is good little vid.

https://youtu.be/3Ozbzlyov7E
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:35:30 AM »

I just can't see how Khan can win this. Crawford's resume isnt amazing but he's got skills. This is good little vid.

https://youtu.be/3Ozbzlyov7E

I think it’s mainly the form between them.

Khan has been inactive and looked mediocre , whereas Crawford just goes from strength to strength.

TC

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if this gets moved to the theatre at MSG. Fair play to Amir for taking the fight but can see it being a tough night for him.

"Me: We"
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 04:49:42 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if this gets moved to the theatre at MSG. Fair play to Amir for taking the fight but can see it being a tough night for him.

Yeah could do, I'm not sure either of them are big with the locals in NYC.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: