LiveFight
March 25, 2019, 09:21:27 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spence v Garcia  (Read 300 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: March 13, 2019, 12:09:27 PM »

Really looking forward to this one on ITV4 this weekend.  It would be some achievement for Garcia if he is able to pull it off.  Whilst he's got the skills, I'm not sure that he will have the power at Welterweight to keep Spence off him for 12 rounds.  I could see it being similar to Spence v Brook where his opponent does well in the early going but is slowly worn down and eventually stopped in the second half of the fight.
LiveFight
« on: March 13, 2019, 12:09:27 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 10:16:12 AM »

Really looking forward to this one on ITV4 this weekend.  It would be some achievement for Garcia if he is able to pull it off.  Whilst he's got the skills, I'm not sure that he will have the power at Welterweight to keep Spence off him for 12 rounds.  I could see it being similar to Spence v Brook where his opponent does well in the early going but is slowly worn down and eventually stopped in the second half of the fight.

ITV 4 you say ?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 10:25:19 AM »

ITV 4 you say ?

Yep, or ITV Hub.  Card kicks off at 1am - a great free to air fight considering some of the dross being served up on PPV of late.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 02:31:09 PM »

Yep, or ITV Hub.  Card kicks off at 1am - a great free to air fight considering some of the dross being served up on PPV of late.

I remember when ITV had Froch vs Pascal, which was incredible and FOTY.

Then his next fight against Jermain Taylor, they didn't want to pay more than £10k for it. They ended up showing it the following evening on delay if memory serves me right. The live event ended up on a stream.
wbamitch

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 03:13:04 AM »

Been looking forward to this one, Spence is one of my favourite guys to watch. Have watched a lot of build up and previous fights in anticipation of this, both certainly up there in the pound for pound ratings, after having a think about I do find it difficult to see anything but a clear Spence win. Mikey is very good but I think it takes someone special to stop Spence at the moment, I donít see Mikey having the speed or resilience over 12 to survive and beat Spence which I think is what it takes. Mikey may take some early rounds but Spenceís accuracy will surely be too much for him. Iíll go for Spence within 8. I donít rule Garcia out against all Welters but I think Spence is just not the guy to take, full credit to him though for stepping up to this.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 03:13:04 AM »

Tomatron
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 07:03:25 AM »

What was everybodyís assessment of the fight?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 07:35:18 AM »

It went along the lines I thought it would although Garcia didnít have any real success at any stage. I thought his corner could have looked at pulling him out after the 9th round.  Credit to Mikey for taking the chance but Spence is a quality fighter and he was out of his depth against him at 147.
legs

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 06:08:21 PM »

What was everybodyís assessment of the fight?

As expected really Garcia took some big shots but the jump up in weight was far too much for him.

I think we want to see Spence v Crawford next.

Garcia might fancy a crack at 140ibs and there is always the Lomachenko fight at 135ibs he still has options just stay away from 147ibs !
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: